For the Nov. 7 general election, building trades unions and the rest of organized labor are endorsing Al Gore for U.S. President, Debbie Stabenow for U.S. Senator, and a whole host of other candidates who have a record or have pledged to stand up for working men and women. ..
Over the last eight years, most of which has been spent with a Republican-dominated Congress, President Bill Clinton, through his power to introduce and veto legislation, has often been the only person in Washington able to stand up for working people. ..
ANN ARBOR - This is a small city where developable downtown land is at a premium, so it is rare these days that a high-rise the such as the one being erected at Main and William streets would ever get off the ground. ..
The chief of the big-business backed Construction Users Roundtable said owners who pay for construction work want "quantifiable productivity" out of their workforce. ..
PIPE IS LIFTED to the second floor of the Luther West Science Building at Northern Michigan University by operating engineer John Shawn of Local 324. The sprinkler fitter is Matt Scovronski of Local 669. Renovation of the West Science building is part of the largest construction expenditure - $46.9 million - in the Marquette school's history. This portion of the project is expected to be completed next August. Classes started this fall in the newly constructed Glenn Seaborg Center, which is part of the entire renovated science complex. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone