Trades 43rd Convention ..
AFL-CIO Building Trades Department convention delegates unanimously elected Edward C. Sullivan as president and Joseph Maloney as secretary-treasurer for five-year terms at the July 25 constitutional convention. ..
Iron workers reach for the top ..
While iron workers were topping out the Midfield Terminal structure, a much lower area of Metro Airport was continuing to get attention by the building trades. ..
A compassionate conservative? The record of George Bush during his years as Texas governor indicates otherwise. ..
The Michigan Unemployment Agency (UA) will introduce a new "wage record system" on Oct. 1, which is expected to save the state recordkeeping costs while having a nominal effect on the income of jobless workers and the cost to employers. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan