Trades 43rd Convention ..
AFL-CIO Building Trades Department convention delegates unanimously elected Edward C. Sullivan as president and Joseph Maloney as secretary-treasurer for five-year terms at the July 25 constitutional convention. ..
Iron workers reach for the top ..
While iron workers were topping out the Midfield Terminal structure, a much lower area of Metro Airport was continuing to get attention by the building trades. ..
A compassionate conservative? The record of George Bush during his years as Texas governor indicates otherwise. ..
The Michigan Unemployment Agency (UA) will introduce a new "wage record system" on Oct. 1, which is expected to save the state recordkeeping costs while having a nominal effect on the income of jobless workers and the cost to employers. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino