Every four years, Labor Day is traditionally the kickoff date for the presidential election season, and this year the first Monday in September has even more significance. ..
Jack Wood, a legend at the Greater Detroit Building Trades Council for more than 20 years, passed away Aug. 22, 2000 after an extended illness. He was 81. ..
The predicted long, hot summer never materialized for Michigan this year, so record high demand for electricity to power the state's air conditioners never happened, either. ..
Declaring "my focus is on working families," Al Gore accepted the Democratic nomination for U.S. president at the party's Los Angeles Convention last month. Union members made up 30 percent of the 5,000 delegates. ..
YPSILANTI - More than 1,500 United Association pipe trades instructors descended on Washtenaw Community College again this year, during the annual week-long Instructor Training Program Aug. 14-18. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino