Every four years, Labor Day is traditionally the kickoff date for the presidential election season, and this year the first Monday in September has even more significance. ..
Jack Wood, a legend at the Greater Detroit Building Trades Council for more than 20 years, passed away Aug. 22, 2000 after an extended illness. He was 81. ..
The predicted long, hot summer never materialized for Michigan this year, so record high demand for electricity to power the state's air conditioners never happened, either. ..
Declaring "my focus is on working families," Al Gore accepted the Democratic nomination for U.S. president at the party's Los Angeles Convention last month. Union members made up 30 percent of the 5,000 delegates. ..
YPSILANTI - More than 1,500 United Association pipe trades instructors descended on Washtenaw Community College again this year, during the annual week-long Instructor Training Program Aug. 14-18. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll