Building trades workers and their families have an opportunity to aid ..
By John Hamilton
President, Detroit Building Trades Council ..
ESCANABA - Turning wood pulp into paper is a power-intensive process, so having reliable, well-maintained boilers is vital to the Mead Corporation. ..
CONSTRUCTION OF THE massive Midfield Terminal at Metro Airport is starting to wind down, but another not-so-small project is just coming out of the ground. Westin Hotels and Resorts is building an $85.1 million, 11-floor, 404-room hotel adjacent to the mile-long Midfield Terminal. Managing the construction of the hotel is Walbridge-Aldinger. Completion is anticipated in September 2002. ..
LANSING - More than a quarter of a century after the U.S. pulled out of the Vietnam War, Michigan soldiers who died in the conflict will be getting a lasting tribute. ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building