Building trades workers and their families have an opportunity to aid ..
By John Hamilton
President, Detroit Building Trades Council ..
ESCANABA - Turning wood pulp into paper is a power-intensive process, so having reliable, well-maintained boilers is vital to the Mead Corporation. ..
CONSTRUCTION OF THE massive Midfield Terminal at Metro Airport is starting to wind down, but another not-so-small project is just coming out of the ground. Westin Hotels and Resorts is building an $85.1 million, 11-floor, 404-room hotel adjacent to the mile-long Midfield Terminal. Managing the construction of the hotel is Walbridge-Aldinger. Completion is anticipated in September 2002. ..
LANSING - More than a quarter of a century after the U.S. pulled out of the Vietnam War, Michigan soldiers who died in the conflict will be getting a lasting tribute. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll