JACKSON - By springtime of 2003, some 1,500 Consumers Energy employees will be working in a new headquarters building that's being constructed downtown - and as part of the construction process, the Old Main Post Office will get new life, too. ..
Early in his administration, President George W. Bush issued an Executive Order prohibiting union labor agreements on federally funded construction projects. ..
By David E. Bonior
U.S. Representative D-Michigan ..
LAS VEGAS (PAI)--A final decision on whether the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners will return to the AFL-CIO will come by mid-January, union officials attending the AFL-CIO convention in Las Vegas said. ..
Editor's note - This article was prepared by the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center ..
If the play of the Detroit Lions doesn't improve next year, it won't be because of their beautiful new practice facility, which is set to open in March. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center