JACKSON - By springtime of 2003, some 1,500 Consumers Energy employees will be working in a new headquarters building that's being constructed downtown - and as part of the construction process, the Old Main Post Office will get new life, too. ..
Early in his administration, President George W. Bush issued an Executive Order prohibiting union labor agreements on federally funded construction projects. ..
By David E. Bonior
U.S. Representative D-Michigan ..
LAS VEGAS (PAI)--A final decision on whether the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners will return to the AFL-CIO will come by mid-January, union officials attending the AFL-CIO convention in Las Vegas said. ..
Editor's note - This article was prepared by the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center ..
If the play of the Detroit Lions doesn't improve next year, it won't be because of their beautiful new practice facility, which is set to open in March. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower