JACKSON - By springtime of 2003, some 1,500 Consumers Energy employees will be working in a new headquarters building that's being constructed downtown - and as part of the construction process, the Old Main Post Office will get new life, too. ..
Early in his administration, President George W. Bush issued an Executive Order prohibiting union labor agreements on federally funded construction projects. ..
By David E. Bonior
U.S. Representative D-Michigan ..
LAS VEGAS (PAI)--A final decision on whether the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners will return to the AFL-CIO will come by mid-January, union officials attending the AFL-CIO convention in Las Vegas said. ..
Editor's note - This article was prepared by the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center ..
If the play of the Detroit Lions doesn't improve next year, it won't be because of their beautiful new practice facility, which is set to open in March. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says