JACKSON - By springtime of 2003, some 1,500 Consumers Energy employees will be working in a new headquarters building that's being constructed downtown - and as part of the construction process, the Old Main Post Office will get new life, too. ..
Early in his administration, President George W. Bush issued an Executive Order prohibiting union labor agreements on federally funded construction projects. ..
By David E. Bonior
U.S. Representative D-Michigan ..
LAS VEGAS (PAI)--A final decision on whether the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners will return to the AFL-CIO will come by mid-January, union officials attending the AFL-CIO convention in Las Vegas said. ..
Editor's note - This article was prepared by the University of Michigan Trauma Burn Center ..
If the play of the Detroit Lions doesn't improve next year, it won't be because of their beautiful new practice facility, which is set to open in March. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks