LANSING -For the first time in 15 years, General Motors is building a new assembly plant on U.S. soil. ..
Despite the unprecedented allocation of resources for union organizing over the last decade, union membership numbers continue to fall in Michigan and around the nation. ..
Improved on-the-job safeguards for the nation's iron workers and other Hardhats are on the way under new rules adopted by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. The new rule on steel erection, developed in concert with industry and union groups, is expected to prevent 30 fatalities and 1,142 injuries annually and save employers nearly $40 million a year. The rule was published last month. ..
The 77-story Marriot Hotel at the GM Renaissance Center may the tallest building in the state, but the cylindrical smoked-glass tower is a little short on character. ..
It seems as if organized labor has a Labor Department secretary it can live with. ..
Building trades workers and Pointe Jewelry pitched in during the holiday season to raise $10,010 for "The House" at St. Rita, an inner-city Detroit parish that provides food and a quiet place to study after school for neighborhood young people. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center