The case for raising construction industry wages was made a little more strenuously last month in an analysis of nationwide pay trends from 1991-2000. ..
Editor's note: Mr. Clack was invited to speak to the Michigan Building Trades Council Legislative Conference last month about workers' asbestosis legal rights. We asked him to write a column so he could inform a wider audience. ..
The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department is hot on the trail of Labor Ready - a nationwide temporary employer that puts to work thousands of low-paid, nonunion construction workers every day. ..
In 1975, The Engineering News Record called it "one of the greatest design and construction achievements of our time." ..
One of the largest nonunion mechanical contractors in the state has been forced to get along with a significant reduction in their workforce. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks