The building trades can continue to have an informal working relationship with the United Brotherhood of Carpenters - which has withdrawn from the AFL-CIO - while talks continue among International Union leaders to get the Carpenters back in the fold of organized labor. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
Workplace fatalities dropped in Michigan last year, and the trend is lower across the nation over the last two decades. ..
Consolidation is king for Delphi Automotive Systems, the world's largest auto supplier as the large supplier is bringing together its spread-out office space onto the campus of its headquarters building in Troy. ..
Writ Rowland, who designed the Guardian Building in Detroit, was said to be the last U.S. architect of the Art Deco era who had complete control over every aspect of his building's design, right down to the cigarette urns. ..
More than 30,000 Michigan contractors were sent a mailing this month from a partnership of state utilities encouraging them and their workers to dig safely this season. ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building