Putting free trade agreements on a fast track is a top item on the agenda of the President and his corporate allies. Anyone who cares about our jobs, environment, food safety, and human rights has reason to be concerned. Because the kind of trade they're talking about isn't free - at least, not for working families. ..
More than a year ago, presidential candidate George W. Bush promised to "safeguard American markets against unfair practices like dumping." ..
The J.H. Campbell Generating Complex is operating a little cleaner and greener these days, as the building trades completed extensive environmental upgrades earlier this month at the plant's Unit No. 1 coal-burner. ..
MARQUETTE - "Dorm food" - the barely palatable stuff indigestion is made of for many college students - won't be a problem at Northern Michigan University. ..
LACASA of Livingston County, a haven for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and child abuse, will have more room to do its good work, thanks in part to the timely generosity of building trades unions, contractors, and contractor associations. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says