It was said more than once in the days before last November's general election that "this election will determine the fate of working people in Michigan for the next 10 years." ..
More than 600 Hardhats are currently in the Ford Field playbook, working to shape the future gridiron into one of the most unique stadiums in the nation. In two months, the roster of trades workers is expected to double - making the football stadium project in Detroit among the largest construction jobs in the state. ..
The Michigan House and Senate last month adopted a bill that would make it a felony for motorists to injure or kill construction workers because of drunk or reckless driving. Gov. John Engler is expected to sign it. ..
Modernizing the 75-year-old mechanical systems at Detroit's St. Patrick's Senior Center has taken nearly four years, hundreds of hours of volunteer labor, and thousands of dollars in at-cost and donated supplies. ..
Not long ago, Magnatech President John Emmerson received a desperate call on a Friday afternoon from a welding contractor building a power plant on a Caribbean island. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll