"If low pay was a felony, I think most of us would be on death row today." ..
It was a good day for organized labor in Michigan on Sept. 3, as thousands turned out in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Marquette and Muskegon to celebrate Labor's Day. ..
The Sept. 3 Labor Day celebration in Detroit was typical of those that have taken place over the last decade - sort of. ..
A combination of quality construction materials and great craftsmanship helped the slate roof of St. Anne's Church in Detroit last 116 years. ..
Plans for the Michigan Labor Legacy Project were released Aug. 28, featuring a stainless-steel open arch standing 60 feet above ground between West Jefferson and Hart Plaza. The art work will include 14 large, natural boulders holding bronze castings that depict labor's story. ..
A $20 million "sequencing" facility for Ai-Genesee, a GM supplier, is going up in Flint, made possible by union labor and union pension dollars. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll