"If low pay was a felony, I think most of us would be on death row today." ..
It was a good day for organized labor in Michigan on Sept. 3, as thousands turned out in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Marquette and Muskegon to celebrate Labor's Day. ..
The Sept. 3 Labor Day celebration in Detroit was typical of those that have taken place over the last decade - sort of. ..
A combination of quality construction materials and great craftsmanship helped the slate roof of St. Anne's Church in Detroit last 116 years. ..
Plans for the Michigan Labor Legacy Project were released Aug. 28, featuring a stainless-steel open arch standing 60 feet above ground between West Jefferson and Hart Plaza. The art work will include 14 large, natural boulders holding bronze castings that depict labor's story. ..
A $20 million "sequencing" facility for Ai-Genesee, a GM supplier, is going up in Flint, made possible by union labor and union pension dollars. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks