"If low pay was a felony, I think most of us would be on death row today." ..
It was a good day for organized labor in Michigan on Sept. 3, as thousands turned out in Detroit, Grand Rapids, Marquette and Muskegon to celebrate Labor's Day. ..
The Sept. 3 Labor Day celebration in Detroit was typical of those that have taken place over the last decade - sort of. ..
A combination of quality construction materials and great craftsmanship helped the slate roof of St. Anne's Church in Detroit last 116 years. ..
Plans for the Michigan Labor Legacy Project were released Aug. 28, featuring a stainless-steel open arch standing 60 feet above ground between West Jefferson and Hart Plaza. The art work will include 14 large, natural boulders holding bronze castings that depict labor's story. ..
A $20 million "sequencing" facility for Ai-Genesee, a GM supplier, is going up in Flint, made possible by union labor and union pension dollars. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center