By Tim Hughes
Michigan AFL-CIO Legislative Director
By Tim Hughes
KALAMAZOO - Underway at Borgess Medical Center is one of the largest construction projects in Western Michigan - but union building trades are expected to make up only 25 percent of the job. ..
The "Village of Rochester Hills" is coming out of the muck and mire at Adams and Walton roads, and it won't be long before a new streetscape is in place that is part of the latest trend in retail shopping. ..
MARQUETTE - The first major expansion of the first Wal-Mart in the Upper Peninsula is going union - mostly. ..
Fatal accidents involving construction workers in Michigan took another jump up in 2001, as 28 construction workers were killed on the job, according to figures released by the state Department of Consumer and Industry Services (CIS). ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center