By Tim Hughes
Michigan AFL-CIO Legislative Director
By Tim Hughes
KALAMAZOO - Underway at Borgess Medical Center is one of the largest construction projects in Western Michigan - but union building trades are expected to make up only 25 percent of the job. ..
The "Village of Rochester Hills" is coming out of the muck and mire at Adams and Walton roads, and it won't be long before a new streetscape is in place that is part of the latest trend in retail shopping. ..
MARQUETTE - The first major expansion of the first Wal-Mart in the Upper Peninsula is going union - mostly. ..
Fatal accidents involving construction workers in Michigan took another jump up in 2001, as 28 construction workers were killed on the job, according to figures released by the state Department of Consumer and Industry Services (CIS). ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower