By Tim Hughes
Michigan AFL-CIO Legislative Director
By Tim Hughes
KALAMAZOO - Underway at Borgess Medical Center is one of the largest construction projects in Western Michigan - but union building trades are expected to make up only 25 percent of the job. ..
The "Village of Rochester Hills" is coming out of the muck and mire at Adams and Walton roads, and it won't be long before a new streetscape is in place that is part of the latest trend in retail shopping. ..
MARQUETTE - The first major expansion of the first Wal-Mart in the Upper Peninsula is going union - mostly. ..
Fatal accidents involving construction workers in Michigan took another jump up in 2001, as 28 construction workers were killed on the job, according to figures released by the state Department of Consumer and Industry Services (CIS). ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says