LANSING - In the attempt to gain a foothold in state government, Michigan's working families scored only some smaller victories - but one very big one - in the Nov. 5 general election. Democrat Jennifer Granholm was the lone bright spot on the ballot, defeating Lt. Gov. Dick Posthumus by a 51-46 margin in the race for Michigan governor. ..
LANSING - Will the ongoing legislative session in our state's capitol be "the mother of all lame ducks" as predicted by Bill Ballenger, editor of Inside Michigan Politics? ..
EAST LANSING - Animal-borne diseases like bovine tuberculosis, chronic wasting disease and the West Nile virus threaten the lives of cows, deer and humans. But state-of-the-art laboratories that have the capability of identifying, tracking and eradicating those diseases are few and far between in the U.S. ..
Plumbers Local 98 officially opened the doors of its new union hall with an open house on Nov. 4. ..
The first set of prognosticators have weighed in with predictions for the nation's construction activity in the new year - and the news is pretty good. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino