LANSING - With the general election over (results weren't available at press time), state legislators are turning their attention to some pending business in the lame duck legislative session that extends through the end of this year. ..
The first trickle of Compuware employees will begin to inhabit the company's new 15-story Detroit headquarters building next month, signaling the beginning of the end of the construction process for a high-rise building that is notable for a number of reasons. ..
LANSING - "Lame-duck" sessions of the legislature - the period after an early-November election but before the new lawmakers come into office in early January - are often unpredictable and unsettling periods for making laws. ..
HOWELL - As iron framework goes, the 50-ft. by 75-ft. by 60-ft. high structure at the Operating Engineers Local 324 Training Center is pretty modest compared to the steel on some of the huge buildings they're accustomed to erecting. ..
At a time when charitable giving is down around the country, volunteers came out in droves to help support the Detroit Heat's On program last month. ..
Did you know that 75% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated? ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone