A nationwide election night poll of union members found that 68 percent of union members voted for a Democrat in the U.S. House races and 70 percent voted for a Democrat in the Senate races. ..
For the first time in 27 years in Michigan, a construction worker has been given jail time for being responsible for a fellow worker's death on a job site. ..
ESSEXVILLE - The Karn-Weadock Generating Complex hasn't seen this much construction activity since the D.E. Karn plant first came on line in 1959. ..
The nation's unemployment rate jumped 0.3 percent in November, to 6 percent, the Labor Department reported. The number of unemployed Americans rose by 299,000 in one month and the jobless rate ties an 8-year high it set earlier this year. ..
Building trades unions, union representatives and employees passed the hat once again this year to help the families who benefit from the services of Care House in Mt. Clemens. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll