B.J. Cardwell has been a union organizer in Michigan. And over the past year, he has been a union organizer in southern-tier states like Mississippi, Louisiana, Tennessee Arkansas and Alabama. ..
Quick quiz - what state is home to thousands of workers who not only wouldn't join a union - but have never even heard of a union? ..
Suddenly, there's a lot more room to work on the playing field at Ford Field, the future home of the Detroit Lions. ..
Kmart Corp.'s suppliers and lenders haven't given up on the bankrupt retailing giant, and Michigan's building trades workers are being asked to help, too. ..
The building trades and general contractor Walbridge-Aldinger are giving Compuware what they want: a headquarters-in-a-hurry. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says