LANSING -News reports in January touted that House Republican lawmakers who control the state legislature finally opened up their hearts - and state coffers - to provide relief to Michigan's growing number of jobless workers. ..
Ladies and gentlemen, please observe the "fasten your seatbelt sign" - the building trades are preparing to bring the Midfield Terminal in for a landing. ..
Union membership in the U.S. remained stable in 2001 despite economic uncertainty and massive layoffs after the events of Sept. 11. ..
Have higher wages in the unionized construction industry led to unions pricing themselves out of some employment markets? ..
|$7,000 WILL HELP FUND the good works at the parishes of St. Rita's and Holy Trinity in Detroit, compliments of Pongracz Jewelers and Point Gemological Laboratory in Grosse Pointe Farms. Iron worker Mike Decker won first prize in the drawing, a 3.5 karat ladies diamond bracelet. Another bracelet and a watch were also won by tradesmen in the December drawing, and the jewelry donated by Pongracz had a total value of $7,000. "People in the building trades support us, and I just wanted to give something back to the community," said Pongracz owner Dan LaLonde, center, who is also an Operating Engineers Local 324 member. He was flanked Greater Detroit Building and Construction Trades Council Secretary-Treas. Patrick Devlin, left, and President John Hamilton, right. Behind them are GDBTC Executive Board meeting attendees (l-r) Richard Egerer of Elevator Constructors Local 36, Lou Walczak of Cement Masons 514, Ed Coffey of the GDBTC, Dave Bremerkamp of Heat and Frost Insulators 25, Gary Young of Plumbers 98, John Marek of Boilermakers 169, Vern Covington of Laborers 334, Tom Aloisio of Teamsters 247, Mark King of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers 1 and Jim Hamric of Iron Workers 25.|
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll