LANSING - It's a sign of the conservative times in our state capital that even in an election year, it was a mighty struggle for Republicans to do the bare minimum to help Michigan's unemployed workers. ..
Was the Republican plan to re-district Michigan's legislative boundaries unconstitutional? And could it delay the state's Aug. 6 primary election? ..
ANN ARBOR - With little room to work in this crowded university town - and virtually no spaces to park their cars -building trades workers and construction manager Barton Malow are successfully going about the job of erecting the Palmer Drive Development. ..
WASHINGTON - Most delegates to the annual AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department's annual legislative conference April 15-18 may have assumed that resolving jurisdictional issues and coming to terms with the return of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters (UBC) to the building trades would be the priorities. ..
WASHINGTON - In a highly charged atmosphere, with rumors flying about internal union politics at the AFL-CIO Building Trades Department's Legislative Convention, Martin Maddaloni, general president of the United Association of Plumbers, Pipe Fitters and Sprinkler Fitters, put everything in perspective. ..
KALAMAZOO - The ongoing $76.9 million project to renovate Borgess Medical Center is expected to take three years. And if necessary during that period, local building trades leaders are vowing to continue voicing their objections to the health care facility's use of a nonunion, out-of-area workforce being paid substandard wages. ..
The Archdiocese of Detroit's "Mother Church" - The Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, is undergoing its most extensive renovation ever. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center