LANSING - It's a sign of the conservative times in our state capital that even in an election year, it was a mighty struggle for Republicans to do the bare minimum to help Michigan's unemployed workers. ..
Was the Republican plan to re-district Michigan's legislative boundaries unconstitutional? And could it delay the state's Aug. 6 primary election? ..
ANN ARBOR - With little room to work in this crowded university town - and virtually no spaces to park their cars -building trades workers and construction manager Barton Malow are successfully going about the job of erecting the Palmer Drive Development. ..
WASHINGTON - Most delegates to the annual AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department's annual legislative conference April 15-18 may have assumed that resolving jurisdictional issues and coming to terms with the return of the United Brotherhood of Carpenters (UBC) to the building trades would be the priorities. ..
WASHINGTON - In a highly charged atmosphere, with rumors flying about internal union politics at the AFL-CIO Building Trades Department's Legislative Convention, Martin Maddaloni, general president of the United Association of Plumbers, Pipe Fitters and Sprinkler Fitters, put everything in perspective. ..
KALAMAZOO - The ongoing $76.9 million project to renovate Borgess Medical Center is expected to take three years. And if necessary during that period, local building trades leaders are vowing to continue voicing their objections to the health care facility's use of a nonunion, out-of-area workforce being paid substandard wages. ..
The Archdiocese of Detroit's "Mother Church" - The Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament, is undergoing its most extensive renovation ever. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll