Building trades unions absorbed a huge wallop in the courts on July 12, when the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit upheld President Bush's Executive Order outlawing project labor agreements on federally funded construction projects. ..
Most people don't bother to vote in November general elections. It's even more difficult to convince voters to go to the polls during the height of vacation season - the first week in August - when elections and candidates are the furthest things from their minds. ..
ANN ARBOR - Constructed in 1913, Hill Auditorium isn't getting any younger. But with $38.6 million worth of renovations on the agenda, it's about to get better in a number of ways. ..
A century later, 'Apparatus for Cooling Air' becomes indispensable contrivance ..
By Scott Schneider
Laborers Health and Safety Fund of North America ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction