Here comes yet another round in what has become an unending fight to secure additional jobless benefits for laid-off workers. ..
As of the end of October, the U.S. stock market had risen 30 percent since March, consumers were spending more, industrial activity was on the rise, and 57,000 jobs had been added to the U.S. economy in September. ..
The building trades are finally checking into the Book-Cadillac hotel. ..
Nearly all construction projects these days have one thing in common: the owners want the work done yesterday. Unless their project has a spring running through where they're trying to build a basement, virtually every construction manager that we've ever talked to claims that the number one challenge on their project is the aggressive schedule. ..
About 120 volunteers gave their time and talents on Saturday, Oct. 18 for the Southeast Michigan Heat's On/Water's Off Program, performing plumbing and heating service work for disadvantaged people. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll