Here comes yet another round in what has become an unending fight to secure additional jobless benefits for laid-off workers. ..
As of the end of October, the U.S. stock market had risen 30 percent since March, consumers were spending more, industrial activity was on the rise, and 57,000 jobs had been added to the U.S. economy in September. ..
The building trades are finally checking into the Book-Cadillac hotel. ..
Nearly all construction projects these days have one thing in common: the owners want the work done yesterday. Unless their project has a spring running through where they're trying to build a basement, virtually every construction manager that we've ever talked to claims that the number one challenge on their project is the aggressive schedule. ..
About 120 volunteers gave their time and talents on Saturday, Oct. 18 for the Southeast Michigan Heat's On/Water's Off Program, performing plumbing and heating service work for disadvantaged people. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks