The massive federal Medicare system may be set for the biggest overhaul in the program's 38-year history. Whether or not it's a good overhaul depends upon who you talk to. ..
The building trades and general contractor Graycor are moving towards completing a massive 106-foot diameter, 185-foot-tall silo in Detroit that purportedly has the largest capacity in North America. ..
When it comes to endorsing a candidate for U.S. president in 2004, unions and their members are all over the map. ..
We have no idea about weather trends for the next 12 months, but the clouds should break up slightly over the U.S. construction industry in 2004, according to the Engineering News Record and others at the North American Construction Forecast Conference. ..
MARQUETTE - A collection of projects at Northern Michigan University is adding fresh new space to the campus, while helping sustain employment for the building trades. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower