There is no law more important to the take-home pay of construction workers than the federal Davis-Bacon Prevailing Wage Act. ..
You know the system is in trouble when the acting director of the Michigan Bureau of Workers' and Unemployment Compensation (BWUC), David Plawecki, asked a group of labor leaders, "Is there anyone here not having problems with us?" No hands were raised.
Plawecki was invited to speak during a break at the Livonia prevailing wage meeting earlier this month. The Gov. Granholm-appointee pledged to do everything in his power to make the system work for Michigan's unemployed workers - but he said it's going to take time. ..
"We know how bad the problems are," BWUC Acting Director David Plawecki said of the situation at the Bureau of Workers and Unemployment Compensation. Following are some of the things that may prove helpful to you if you're unemployed. ..
YPSILANTI - The city's most famous landmark is getting a new skin and a slightly new look, as roofers are wrapping up a tricky project to install new cedar shingles over the city's historic water tower. ..
Thousands of active and retired building trades workers in Michigan are interested in the status of asbestos litigation in our nation. ..
Nestled in the shadow of the glittering, nearly completed Compuware headquarters tower and parking structure in downtown Detroit is a tarnished little gem called the Rose and Robert Skillman Branch Library. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower