MONROE - The Fermi 2 Nuclear Power Plant is capable of producing 1,130 megawatts of electricity - about one-tenth of DTE Energy's entire production capacity. So it doesn't take a nuclear scientist to figure out that it costs the utility big money to have the plant off line for any length of time. ..
With President Bush declaring major hostilities over in Iraq, his attention and that of the U.S. Congress has quickly moved to improving the state of the American economy. ..
On March 25, U.S. Senate Republicans voted unanimously to deny the extension of federal Unemployment Insurance benefits for six more months. There were 51 Republicans who voted against it and 48 Democrats who voted for the measure. ..
The annual NOVA Awards ceremony - the Nobel Prize for the construction industry - celebrates innovations that have had positive, important effects on the construction industry to improve quality and reduce costs. ..
Boilermakers Local 169 has come up with a simple, proactive plan to attract bright, motivated workers to their industry. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says