Sometimes the organized labor movement isn't very organized. Other times, such as what happened earlier this month, look out. ..
The building trades have taken center stage in the process of constructing the Fine, Performing and Communication Arts High School for the Detroit Public Schools. ..
Last month's extension of federal unemployment benefits means about 95,000 additional jobless workers in Michigan will qualify for federal benefits as they use up their state benefits from June through the end of 2003. ..
MARQUETTE - While it's almost always sad to see an elementary school close, Whitman Elementary is getting new life in the service of Northern Michigan University. ..
WASHINGTON - More than four months of talks between the labor movement, affected businesses and the insurance industry over a solution to asbestos illness lawsuits - through creation of a trust fund for the estimated 1.8 million victims - collapsed in late May when a key GOP lawmaker introduced his own legislation. ..
PORT HURON TWP. - Patience, perseverance and political action by the building trades helped foster the pending construction of one of the largest construction projects ever in St. Clair County, the new $32 million Detention and Intervention Center. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll