LANSING - The Michigan Prevailing Wage Act survived another assault by the anti-union Associated Builders and Contractors, as a state Court of Appeals panel ruled last month that the law is not "impermissibly vague" nor "an unconstitutional delegation of legislative authority," as the ABC contended. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The new $220 million De Vos Place Convention Center, a one million square-foot complex expansion that will include an exhibition hall, flexible-use ballroom and a "grand gallery," is currently a job magnet for about 300 building trades workers. ..
WASHINGTON - A strong push by organized labor won over a handful of Republican senators on Sept. 10, who voted with Democrats to bar the Bush Administration from issuing new overtime rules that would be detrimental to millions of American workers. ..
VAN BUREN TWP. - With last month's topping out of the five major buildings that make up Visteon Village, the site is beginning to look a little more like a corporate headquarters campus and less like the abandoned gravel quarry at the 265-acre site. ..
Thousands of building trades workers who volunteered to look for victims immediately after the collapse of the World Trade Center towers two years ago this month are among the event's "forgotten responders" - unnamed and untrained for the formidable work at hand. ..
The state's telephone system for accepting unemployment claims is now open for business in the south-central Michigan region served by 517 area code. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved