The presidency of George W. Bush has been dominated by three major issues: the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attacks, the war with Iraq, and the nation's economy. ..
President Bush's budget for 2004 will reflect a shortfall of $480 billion. Over nearly three years, the Bush Administration has been giving American workers the short end of the stick, too. ..
A diehard group of a few thousand building trades workers and their families braved the wet weather on Sept. 1 and celebrated Labor Day - with umbrellas and ponchos joining hard hats and union shirts as the fashion of the day. ..
The state's telephone system for accepting unemployment claims is open for business in western Michigan and unemployed workers are being encouraged to use it. ..
The gap at the top of the 63-foot tall Michigan Labor Legacy Landmark represents labor's unfinished tasks. ..
By Douglas L. Maibach, P.E. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino