As the odometer flips into 2004, Michigan's construction industry seems to be settling into an unwelcome, stagnant pattern that exhibits an excess of "what-ifs" and a serious shortage of opportunities to put shovels in the ground. ..
Few construction jobs are as sought-after as those setting up Detroit's North American International Auto Show. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)- President George W. Bush's plan to cut eight million U.S. workers from eligibility for overtime pay isn't quite a done deal, as we reported last month. But it's close. ..
By Jerry Faber
AGC-SE Michigan ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll