Overtime protection for millions is probably dead ..
America’s union leaders will be taking a very close look at their organizations when the AFL-CIO’s Executive Council meets in mid-February. ..
Wayne State University, long known as a commuter college, wants a substantial number of its students to stop commuting. ..
The Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) enforces workplace safety and health regulations under authority of the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Act, Act 154 of 1974 as amended (MIOSH Act). ..
SAULT STE. MARIE - Congress has been trickling out funds to build a new Soo lock in recent years, but a deluge of money is needed. ..
|Nearly nine years after General Motors acquired the Renaissance Center for $75 million, the transformation of the five million square-foot complex into GM's headquarters is nearly complete. The final portion of the job is the most visible to the public: the transformation of the front, which faces Jefferson Avenue. Long-gone are the concrete bunkers in the front of the center which contained some of the Ren Cen's mechanical systems - but gave the center the feeling of a fortress. The center's new face includes a recently installed, prominent General Motors sign, a welcoming glass atrium, and granite steps. When GM's front porch is finished in January, it will mark substantial completion of more than $500 million in renovations at the Ren Cen.|
|MORTAR BETWEEN granite steps at the front of the Ren Cen is troweled into place by Bob Pugno of BAC Local 1 and Cleveland Stone.|
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower