Before the stock market went in the tank a few years ago, Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan warned of “irrational exuberance” by people buying stocks, wrongly thinking that the market would be great forever. ..
If you live in a district that’s represented by a Republican member of Congress, it can’t hurt to let your representative know that there are people suffering because Republicans are refusing to extend jobless benefits. ..
The process of transforming the Renaissance Center into the global headquarters of the General Motors Corp. is approaching completion. ..
“Nobody saw it coming,” the Engineering News Record reported last month. “After more than a decade of relative price stability, contractors have been blind-sided by the largest price hikes for materials since the early 1970s.” ..
HOUGHTON – Michigan Technological University has sponsored major construction projects in recent years, but two ongoing simultaneous jobs are twice as nice for the building trades. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – The 21-foot drop in water levels from Lake Superior down to the lower Great Lakes vexed British, French and native fur traders in the 1600s and 1700s, who were forced to portage their canoes and animal hides around the St. Mary’s River rapids. ..
At 1 p.m. on Friday, May 7, the Mackinac Bridge Authority and the Michigan Department of Transportation will host a special ceremony and unveil a new coin honoring those responsible for building the Mackinac Bridge. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower