A political hot-potato got a little hotter on Sept. 9, as the U.S. House voted 223-193 to bar the Bush Administration from enforcing rules that would strip overtime rights from up to six million workers. ..
On paper, the House voted on Sept. 9 to bar the new overtime rules from going into effect. ..
“If you believe that America is going in the right direction, you should vote for George Bush,” said Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards. “John Kerry and I have a plan. I think what would actually be good for this economy is to outsource this administration. We can do better.” ..
Is America headed in the wrong direction, as Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards suggests? ..
EAST LANSING – A milestone for the ongoing renovations at Spartan Stadium was reached on July 30, with the topping out of the structural iron that will support new seating, luxury seats and a replacement press box. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says