A political hot-potato got a little hotter on Sept. 9, as the U.S. House voted 223-193 to bar the Bush Administration from enforcing rules that would strip overtime rights from up to six million workers. ..
On paper, the House voted on Sept. 9 to bar the new overtime rules from going into effect. ..
“If you believe that America is going in the right direction, you should vote for George Bush,” said Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards. “John Kerry and I have a plan. I think what would actually be good for this economy is to outsource this administration. We can do better.” ..
Is America headed in the wrong direction, as Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards suggests? ..
EAST LANSING – A milestone for the ongoing renovations at Spartan Stadium was reached on July 30, with the topping out of the structural iron that will support new seating, luxury seats and a replacement press box. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll