A political hot-potato got a little hotter on Sept. 9, as the U.S. House voted 223-193 to bar the Bush Administration from enforcing rules that would strip overtime rights from up to six million workers. ..
On paper, the House voted on Sept. 9 to bar the new overtime rules from going into effect. ..
“If you believe that America is going in the right direction, you should vote for George Bush,” said Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards. “John Kerry and I have a plan. I think what would actually be good for this economy is to outsource this administration. We can do better.” ..
Is America headed in the wrong direction, as Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards suggests? ..
EAST LANSING – A milestone for the ongoing renovations at Spartan Stadium was reached on July 30, with the topping out of the structural iron that will support new seating, luxury seats and a replacement press box. ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building