A political hot-potato got a little hotter on Sept. 9, as the U.S. House voted 223-193 to bar the Bush Administration from enforcing rules that would strip overtime rights from up to six million workers. ..
On paper, the House voted on Sept. 9 to bar the new overtime rules from going into effect. ..
“If you believe that America is going in the right direction, you should vote for George Bush,” said Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards. “John Kerry and I have a plan. I think what would actually be good for this economy is to outsource this administration. We can do better.” ..
Is America headed in the wrong direction, as Democratic vice presidential candidate John Edwards suggests? ..
EAST LANSING – A milestone for the ongoing renovations at Spartan Stadium was reached on July 30, with the topping out of the structural iron that will support new seating, luxury seats and a replacement press box. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower