WASHINGTON - By popular demand, prevailing wage rules are making a return engagement to the Gulf Coast region. ..
This is first in a series of articles about the fair enforcement of Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. It talks about improvements in the complaint and prevailing wage interpretation process - matters of vital importance to Michigan construction workers. (Editor) ..
The world's second largest crawler crane last month was used to pick up and place a 508,000-lb. vacuum tower at the Marathon Petroleum Co. refinery in southwest Detroit, capping a massive two-year construction project aimed at increasing the plant's refining capacity. ..
The Michigan Apprenticeship Steering Committee Inc. (MASCI) 2005 Apprentice of the Year award goes to… Scott Daly of IBEW Local 58. ..
John M. Hamilton, Business Manager of Operating Engineers Local 324, was elected vice president of the 2005 North/Central States Conference, which was held in St. Louis Oct. 2-5. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Despite labor lobbying, the Senate again voted, on Oct. 19, not to raise the minimum wage. ..
Consumers Energy began planning in 2000 how to reduce emissions from its Karn/Weadock Generating Complex in Hampton Township to meet new EPA requirements. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan