Following is a glimpse into one contractor's experience in an effort to gain work in the days after Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast on Aug. 29, ..
It's impossible to draw long-term conclusions about trends affecting construction workers in the Gulf region, who are rebuilding after Hurricane Katrina hit the area just three months ago. ..
ANN ARBOR - In recent years, the building trades have been involved in the new construction or renovation of numerous medical-related buildings on the University of Michigan campus. ..
Early in this decade, the prices of construction "inputs" like sheet rock, cement, lumber, steel, diesel fuel and gasoline were fairly stable. Now, many of those costs are have all spiked higher, and then sometimes lower, inducing headaches all-around for contracting estimators, their bosses, and owners. ..
Boilermakers Local 169 is expanding its base of organizing operations, seeking and accepting the resumes of a handful of military veterans into its apprenticeship program. ..
LANSING - Hardhats who toiled on the Lansing Community College (LCC) Health and Human Service facility, which wrapped up last spring, worked on an award-winning building. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan