- Up to $450 million through the Venture Capital Investment fund to help start-up companies succeed;
- New tax incentives to encourage investors to make and keep their investment dollars in Michigan;
- Revamped rules which will lower fees and produce less red tape for new businesses in Michigan;
- New incentives to encourage life sciences companies to use Michigan suppliers and services. ..
LANSING - A "21st Century Jobs Fund" was created Nov. 21 when Gov. Jennifer Granholm signed bills that will invest more than $2 billion in diversifying Michigan's economy and increasing employment. ..
A new and improved Unit 3 at DTE Energy's River Rouge Power Plant is up and running. ..
Eric Gallup has a good grip on the five-gallon bucket market. ..
Construction workers, as a group, are about in the middle of all wage packages compared to other occupations, says a new report by the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. ..
No minimum wage in Congress. The Republican-controlled Congress, which has blocked a raise in the minimum wage three times this year, voted Nov. 18 to give itself its eighth pay raise since the federal minimum wage was last raised in 1997. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan