- Up to $450 million through the Venture Capital Investment fund to help start-up companies succeed;
- New tax incentives to encourage investors to make and keep their investment dollars in Michigan;
- Revamped rules which will lower fees and produce less red tape for new businesses in Michigan;
- New incentives to encourage life sciences companies to use Michigan suppliers and services. ..
LANSING - A "21st Century Jobs Fund" was created Nov. 21 when Gov. Jennifer Granholm signed bills that will invest more than $2 billion in diversifying Michigan's economy and increasing employment. ..
A new and improved Unit 3 at DTE Energy's River Rouge Power Plant is up and running. ..
Eric Gallup has a good grip on the five-gallon bucket market. ..
Construction workers, as a group, are about in the middle of all wage packages compared to other occupations, says a new report by the federal Bureau of Labor Statistics. ..
No minimum wage in Congress. The Republican-controlled Congress, which has blocked a raise in the minimum wage three times this year, voted Nov. 18 to give itself its eighth pay raise since the federal minimum wage was last raised in 1997. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved