ANN ARBOR - The building trades and general contractor Walbridge-Aldinger have arrived at a crossroads on the University of Michigan campus as they build the School of Public Health Buildings Addition and Renovation. ..
Two of Michigan's largest general contractors - Barton-Malow and Walbridge- Aldinger - were tapped earlier this month to oversee construction of two of the state's largest construction projects. The jobs have a combined price tag of $850 million. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The city's downtown will soon get an impressive addition to its skyline, in the form of a 24-story, 340-room hotel. The hotel will have the Marriott label and will welcome its first guests in the fall of 2007. ..
Wal Mart Stores Inc. announced on Feb. 9 that they will close a Canadian store whose employees were on the verge of being the first in North America to win a union contract from the retailing giant. The jobs of 200 employees will be lost. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says