ANN ARBOR - The building trades and general contractor Walbridge-Aldinger have arrived at a crossroads on the University of Michigan campus as they build the School of Public Health Buildings Addition and Renovation. ..
Two of Michigan's largest general contractors - Barton-Malow and Walbridge- Aldinger - were tapped earlier this month to oversee construction of two of the state's largest construction projects. The jobs have a combined price tag of $850 million. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - The city's downtown will soon get an impressive addition to its skyline, in the form of a 24-story, 340-room hotel. The hotel will have the Marriott label and will welcome its first guests in the fall of 2007. ..
Wal Mart Stores Inc. announced on Feb. 9 that they will close a Canadian store whose employees were on the verge of being the first in North America to win a union contract from the retailing giant. The jobs of 200 employees will be lost. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower