With a record federal deficit and an incredibly tight budget for 2005-2006, President Bush is proposing to give the Labor Department more money in the new federal budget. ..
By Don McIntosh
The Northwest Labor Press
Special to PAI
Two of Michigan's largest general contractors - Barton-Malow and Walbridge- Aldinger - were tapped earlier this month to oversee construction of two of the state's largest construction projects. The jobs have a combined price tag of $850 million. ..
A new $40 million Computer Science and Engineering Building is under construction on the University of Michigan campus. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower