With a record federal deficit and an incredibly tight budget for 2005-2006, President Bush is proposing to give the Labor Department more money in the new federal budget. ..
By Don McIntosh
The Northwest Labor Press
Special to PAI
Two of Michigan's largest general contractors - Barton-Malow and Walbridge- Aldinger - were tapped earlier this month to oversee construction of two of the state's largest construction projects. The jobs have a combined price tag of $850 million. ..
A new $40 million Computer Science and Engineering Building is under construction on the University of Michigan campus. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says