Union investment money is doing the talking - and in some cases, the walking - as organized labor is moving into a renewed strategy of using pension dollars to win work for members, improve their standing, and further union political goals. ..
Organized labor seems ready to start thinning out the herd of financial and insurance services that are offered to members. ..
ANN ARBOR - Cardiovascular disease kills more Americans than the next five leading causes of death combined - claiming the lives of 35,000 Michiganians every year - which is the nation's 8th worst coronary death rate. ..
LANSING - Striking back at critics blaming her for the state's unemployment rate - which leads the nation - Gov. Jennifer Granhom on March 28 unveiled the "Jobs Today Initiative," a plan to jumpstart Michigan's economy. ..
LANSING - When it comes to designing and building bridges, the Ambassador, Blue Water, International and Mackinac are all proof that our state has done a great job on the big ones. ..
By Barbara Hicks
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll