Union investment money is doing the talking - and in some cases, the walking - as organized labor is moving into a renewed strategy of using pension dollars to win work for members, improve their standing, and further union political goals. ..
Organized labor seems ready to start thinning out the herd of financial and insurance services that are offered to members. ..
ANN ARBOR - Cardiovascular disease kills more Americans than the next five leading causes of death combined - claiming the lives of 35,000 Michiganians every year - which is the nation's 8th worst coronary death rate. ..
LANSING - Striking back at critics blaming her for the state's unemployment rate - which leads the nation - Gov. Jennifer Granhom on March 28 unveiled the "Jobs Today Initiative," a plan to jumpstart Michigan's economy. ..
LANSING - When it comes to designing and building bridges, the Ambassador, Blue Water, International and Mackinac are all proof that our state has done a great job on the big ones. ..
By Barbara Hicks
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan