Union investment money is doing the talking - and in some cases, the walking - as organized labor is moving into a renewed strategy of using pension dollars to win work for members, improve their standing, and further union political goals. ..
Organized labor seems ready to start thinning out the herd of financial and insurance services that are offered to members. ..
ANN ARBOR - Cardiovascular disease kills more Americans than the next five leading causes of death combined - claiming the lives of 35,000 Michiganians every year - which is the nation's 8th worst coronary death rate. ..
LANSING - Striking back at critics blaming her for the state's unemployment rate - which leads the nation - Gov. Jennifer Granhom on March 28 unveiled the "Jobs Today Initiative," a plan to jumpstart Michigan's economy. ..
LANSING - When it comes to designing and building bridges, the Ambassador, Blue Water, International and Mackinac are all proof that our state has done a great job on the big ones. ..
By Barbara Hicks
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone