Union investment money is doing the talking - and in some cases, the walking - as organized labor is moving into a renewed strategy of using pension dollars to win work for members, improve their standing, and further union political goals. ..
Organized labor seems ready to start thinning out the herd of financial and insurance services that are offered to members. ..
ANN ARBOR - Cardiovascular disease kills more Americans than the next five leading causes of death combined - claiming the lives of 35,000 Michiganians every year - which is the nation's 8th worst coronary death rate. ..
LANSING - Striking back at critics blaming her for the state's unemployment rate - which leads the nation - Gov. Jennifer Granhom on March 28 unveiled the "Jobs Today Initiative," a plan to jumpstart Michigan's economy. ..
LANSING - When it comes to designing and building bridges, the Ambassador, Blue Water, International and Mackinac are all proof that our state has done a great job on the big ones. ..
By Barbara Hicks
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved