The new roof over the Phoenix Plaza Amphitheater in Pontiac is similar in material to the one covering the nearby Silverdome - but with a circus-tent theme. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - A bill that is probably more symbol than substance will attempt to promote a few union objectives in our nation's anti-union capitol. ..
After unionized construction in the U.S. has "failed to turn the proverbial corner" toward increased market share after steady declines over the last half century - are the nation's building trades union locals, councils and international unions structured properly for future growth? ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - An AFL-CIO revamp plan, issued by its top three leaders, calls for more money for organizing and mobilizing, year-round issues campaigns, more coordinated strategic organizing and voluntary union mergers. ..
BATTLE CREEK - City Commissioners on April 12 lowered the level by which prevailing wages must be paid on taxpayer-funded construction projects. The previous level was $500,000; now, prevailing wages are applied to city-sponsored projects with a value of $50,000 or more. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction