The new roof over the Phoenix Plaza Amphitheater in Pontiac is similar in material to the one covering the nearby Silverdome - but with a circus-tent theme. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - A bill that is probably more symbol than substance will attempt to promote a few union objectives in our nation's anti-union capitol. ..
After unionized construction in the U.S. has "failed to turn the proverbial corner" toward increased market share after steady declines over the last half century - are the nation's building trades union locals, councils and international unions structured properly for future growth? ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - An AFL-CIO revamp plan, issued by its top three leaders, calls for more money for organizing and mobilizing, year-round issues campaigns, more coordinated strategic organizing and voluntary union mergers. ..
BATTLE CREEK - City Commissioners on April 12 lowered the level by which prevailing wages must be paid on taxpayer-funded construction projects. The previous level was $500,000; now, prevailing wages are applied to city-sponsored projects with a value of $50,000 or more. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan