(PAI) - Some union employees of United Airlines had their financial world rocked earlier this month when a federal bankruptcy judge allowed the struggling airline to dump a record $6.6 billion in pension obligations onto the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC). ..
Are building trades union pensions next? ..
Construction-wise, there's not much we can say about the new Detroit Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. ..
HOLT - A dramatic jump in the number of fatalities associated with work zone crashes in Michigan prompted Transportation Director Gloria Jeff to make a symbolic change in her office location on May 11. ..
Building trades workers and prime contractor Jamar performed a significant amount of maintenance work and pollution control upgrades over the last several months in an effort to further clear the air at the Cliffs Michigan Mining Company's Tilden (West) operation, west of Marquette. ..
The Van Andel Institute in Grand Rapids will double in size with construction costs in the $120-150 million range, according to plans released May 17. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan