(PAI) - Some union employees of United Airlines had their financial world rocked earlier this month when a federal bankruptcy judge allowed the struggling airline to dump a record $6.6 billion in pension obligations onto the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC). ..
Are building trades union pensions next? ..
Construction-wise, there's not much we can say about the new Detroit Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. ..
HOLT - A dramatic jump in the number of fatalities associated with work zone crashes in Michigan prompted Transportation Director Gloria Jeff to make a symbolic change in her office location on May 11. ..
Building trades workers and prime contractor Jamar performed a significant amount of maintenance work and pollution control upgrades over the last several months in an effort to further clear the air at the Cliffs Michigan Mining Company's Tilden (West) operation, west of Marquette. ..
The Van Andel Institute in Grand Rapids will double in size with construction costs in the $120-150 million range, according to plans released May 17. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone