WASHINGTON (PAI) - One of organized labor's major problems with NAFTA,- the lack of enforceable foreign worker safety and wage protections - is now coming home to roost with CAFTA. ..
FLUSHING - Rapid population growth has fueled numerous school building construction boomlets in some parts of Michigan. ..
Financially, construction industry multi-employer pension plans are doing far better than their brethren on the single-employer side. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Backers of the Family and Medical Leave Act - which labor helped push through Congress - are defending it against strong business lobbying to get GOP President George W. Bush to curb FMLA's benefits and impact. ..
Last year, Habitat for Humanity International leaders selected neighborhoods in Benton Harbor and Detroit to host the group's signature Jimmy Carter Work Project, which took place June 19-24. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 3-0 vote, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia backed GOP Labor Secretary Elaine Chao in the AFL-CIO's lawsuit against new Labor Department union financial reporting rules. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan