WASHINGTON (PAI) - One of organized labor's major problems with NAFTA,- the lack of enforceable foreign worker safety and wage protections - is now coming home to roost with CAFTA. ..
FLUSHING - Rapid population growth has fueled numerous school building construction boomlets in some parts of Michigan. ..
Financially, construction industry multi-employer pension plans are doing far better than their brethren on the single-employer side. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Backers of the Family and Medical Leave Act - which labor helped push through Congress - are defending it against strong business lobbying to get GOP President George W. Bush to curb FMLA's benefits and impact. ..
Last year, Habitat for Humanity International leaders selected neighborhoods in Benton Harbor and Detroit to host the group's signature Jimmy Carter Work Project, which took place June 19-24. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 3-0 vote, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia backed GOP Labor Secretary Elaine Chao in the AFL-CIO's lawsuit against new Labor Department union financial reporting rules. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll