WASHINGTON (PAI) - One of organized labor's major problems with NAFTA,- the lack of enforceable foreign worker safety and wage protections - is now coming home to roost with CAFTA. ..
FLUSHING - Rapid population growth has fueled numerous school building construction boomlets in some parts of Michigan. ..
Financially, construction industry multi-employer pension plans are doing far better than their brethren on the single-employer side. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - Backers of the Family and Medical Leave Act - which labor helped push through Congress - are defending it against strong business lobbying to get GOP President George W. Bush to curb FMLA's benefits and impact. ..
Last year, Habitat for Humanity International leaders selected neighborhoods in Benton Harbor and Detroit to host the group's signature Jimmy Carter Work Project, which took place June 19-24. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 3-0 vote, a panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia backed GOP Labor Secretary Elaine Chao in the AFL-CIO's lawsuit against new Labor Department union financial reporting rules. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved