SAULT STE. MARIE - An historic consolidation is in the works that will result in a larger, unifying role for the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council. ..
Now firmly entrenched as a single-source, leading advocate for the state's trade unions and unionized construction workers, the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council was first established in Lansing in 1957. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE - In a number of ways, the 48th annual convention of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council provided a status report on organized labor in Michigan. ..
The Michigan AFL-CIO - like its national parent - is significantly smaller than it was a month ago - when three major unions dropped out of the national AFL-CIO to form the Change to Win Coalition. ..
After nearly two years of disagreement on funding levels, Congress and President Bush have come to terms on a plan that will guarantee $286.5 billion in federal money for highway and transportation programs to the 50 states over the next six years. ..
LINDEN - A burgeoning school population has brought about the construction of a new Linden Middle School, which is being built by construction manager Barton Malow and building trades workers. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll