SAULT STE. MARIE - An historic consolidation is in the works that will result in a larger, unifying role for the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council. ..
Now firmly entrenched as a single-source, leading advocate for the state's trade unions and unionized construction workers, the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council was first established in Lansing in 1957. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE - In a number of ways, the 48th annual convention of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council provided a status report on organized labor in Michigan. ..
The Michigan AFL-CIO - like its national parent - is significantly smaller than it was a month ago - when three major unions dropped out of the national AFL-CIO to form the Change to Win Coalition. ..
After nearly two years of disagreement on funding levels, Congress and President Bush have come to terms on a plan that will guarantee $286.5 billion in federal money for highway and transportation programs to the 50 states over the next six years. ..
LINDEN - A burgeoning school population has brought about the construction of a new Linden Middle School, which is being built by construction manager Barton Malow and building trades workers. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone