SAULT STE. MARIE - An historic consolidation is in the works that will result in a larger, unifying role for the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council. ..
Now firmly entrenched as a single-source, leading advocate for the state's trade unions and unionized construction workers, the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council was first established in Lansing in 1957. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE - In a number of ways, the 48th annual convention of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council provided a status report on organized labor in Michigan. ..
The Michigan AFL-CIO - like its national parent - is significantly smaller than it was a month ago - when three major unions dropped out of the national AFL-CIO to form the Change to Win Coalition. ..
After nearly two years of disagreement on funding levels, Congress and President Bush have come to terms on a plan that will guarantee $286.5 billion in federal money for highway and transportation programs to the 50 states over the next six years. ..
LINDEN - A burgeoning school population has brought about the construction of a new Linden Middle School, which is being built by construction manager Barton Malow and building trades workers. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan