- Many communities around the nation are distressed about the latest round of military base closings that are currently on the Pentagon's front burner. ..
The building trades and the rest of organized labor will on the march again on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 5, and union members across Michigan are urged to make plans to attend celebrations in their community. ..
The workingmen's (and women's) holiday: 'who from rude nature have delved and carved all the grandeur we behold.'
The history of the Labor Day ..
BATTLE CREEK - A food bank serving the members of IBEW Local 445 is paying dividends for electricians who need a helping hand. ..
Michigan's long history of bridge construction added another chapter on July 27, with the topping-off of the new I-94 "Gateway Bridge" in Taylor. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan