Michigan's statewide construction employment is projected to remain about the same from 2006 to 2007 - but it will still be down about 10.5 percent from the peak level of 2000. ..
BAY CITY - The largest expansion project ever at the Bay Regional Medical Center will result in a new outpatient service building, improved patient flow in the facility, and more room for some several patient services. ..
GRAND RAPIDS - Beefed-up responsible contracting guidelines for taxpayer-funded construction have been put into place by City Commissioners. ..
Members of the Associated General Contractors, Greater Detroit Chapter, voted on Dec. 7 to unanimously to merge with the Michigan Chapter, AGC. The vote followed a Dec. 1 unanimous vote by Michigan Chapter AGC for the merger plan. ..
Iron Workers Local 25 officers, Joint Apprenticeship Committee members and members of their contractors' association dug into their new digs on Nov. 30, during a soggy groundbreaking event at their new apprenticeship training facility in Wixom. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll