A labor-backed research association published a study this fall revealing that adoption of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) has had a "perverse" impact on the distribution of income, wealth, and political power across the continent. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - The Republican-run 109th Congress has yet to stagger to a conclusion - it returns for another lame-duck session in early December. But incoming Democratic lawmakers have already laid out an ambitious legislative agenda for the coming Democratic-run Congress. ..
By Stuart Appelbaum
It is no secret that the Democratic national election victory has less to do with who the Democrats are than who they are not. But while voter outrage over the Republicans' handling of just about everything carried Democrats across the finish line, it will take more than Bush-bashing to keep them there. ..
PETOSKEY - One of the largest construction projects in this area's recent history is moving along, very quickly, in the form of a new $140 million casino for the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians. ..
A tip of the hard hat to the men and women in the building trades constructing the new MGM Grand Casino in Detroit. ..
SAGINAW - The familiar wide flange structural steel beam hasn't changed much over the past century. It's the near-perfect combination of simplicity, strength and efficiency in structural building design. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan