LANSING - The state Supreme Court finally slammed the door on the Associated Builders and Contractors-Saginaw Valley Chapter's bulldog-like effort to overturn the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act. ..
A relative calm after the storm seemed to follow the bombshell Feb. 14 announcement that six international unions would form a new group, the National Construction Alliance. ..
Construction is progressing at the new MGM Grand Casino, which makes a considerable, 25-acre footprint on the west side of downtown Detroit. ..
LANSING - The circulation of petitions asking Michigan voters to approve an increase in the state's minimum wage prompted state Republicans - surprisingly - to reconsider their long opposition to the matter. ..
Since 1931, Gog and Mogog have gonged on the quarter hour atop the Sir John Bennett clock tower at Greenfield Village, an attraction so popular that rows of benches were placed across the street to allow visitors to take a break and watch the action.
The two human-sized figures form the major elements of the clockworks, which once tolled above the Sir John Bennett Jewelry Shop in London, England from 1846 to 1929. When Greenfield Village founder Henry Ford had the building imported to Dearborn, the five-story building was trimmed down to two levels, and the masonry on the front of the building was redesigned to house the clockwork figures. ..
LANSING -The Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) and Gov. Jennifer Granholm on March 7 announced a new plan to speed up local transportation projects across the state, putting more Hardhats to work sooner. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower