(PAI) - The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department was stunned Feb. 14 when six unions - the Laborers, Operating Engineers, Carpenters, Teamsters, Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers and Iron Workers - announced they would establish a new labor federation, the National Construction Alliance, effective March 1 ..
One of the monumental junctures in U.S. labor history was when two enormous union groups, the American Federation of Labor and the Council of Industrial Organizations, merged at the zenith of organized labor's 20th Century influence in 1955. ..
BATTLE CREEK - A bigger and better Battle Creek Health System campus is on the way, in the form of a $29 million expansion project highlighted by a new lobby and new surgical areas and patient rooms. ..
Union members continue to earn substantially higher wages and receive superior benefits at work than nonunion workers, according to recently released data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 58-41 vote, the Senate on Feb. 14 sidetracked a controversial asbestos trust fund bill, at least for now. ..
LANSING - The Michigan AFL-CIO is leading an effort that requires people power more than anything else - a push to gather at least 320,000 petition signatures aimed at getting a minimum wage increase on the Nov. 7, 2006 statewide ballot. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone