(PAI) - The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department was stunned Feb. 14 when six unions - the Laborers, Operating Engineers, Carpenters, Teamsters, Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers and Iron Workers - announced they would establish a new labor federation, the National Construction Alliance, effective March 1 ..
One of the monumental junctures in U.S. labor history was when two enormous union groups, the American Federation of Labor and the Council of Industrial Organizations, merged at the zenith of organized labor's 20th Century influence in 1955. ..
BATTLE CREEK - A bigger and better Battle Creek Health System campus is on the way, in the form of a $29 million expansion project highlighted by a new lobby and new surgical areas and patient rooms. ..
Union members continue to earn substantially higher wages and receive superior benefits at work than nonunion workers, according to recently released data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS). ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - By a 58-41 vote, the Senate on Feb. 14 sidetracked a controversial asbestos trust fund bill, at least for now. ..
LANSING - The Michigan AFL-CIO is leading an effort that requires people power more than anything else - a push to gather at least 320,000 petition signatures aimed at getting a minimum wage increase on the Nov. 7, 2006 statewide ballot. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll