LANSING - Last December's passage of the "School Safety Initiative" by Michigan lawmakers had the noble goal of protecting school children from any potentially dangerous contract workers who may have business in school buildings. ..
KALAMAZOO - Bronson Methodist Hospital and the building trades are moving dirt, performing demolition and getting started on a $50 million campus expansion program that will accommodate a 34 percent increase in inpatient growth in recent years at the hospital. ..
LANSING - There always seem to be a state lawmaker or two willing to make the perennial push to make Michigan a right-to-work state. ..
Recovering from a devastating fire, a popular Mackinaw City pizzeria which also served as home to a private museum dedicated to those who built the famous Mackinac Bridge is expected to reopen in July. ..
Refereeing a hockey game, it turns out, is a bit like plumbing a building. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says