LANSING - Gov. Jennifer Granholm collected an endorsement and commitments of campaign cash amounting to $144,500 from Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council (MBCTC) unions. ..
By Harry Kelber ..
By Ross Eisenbrey & Lawrence Mishel
Economic Policy Institute ..
ALBION - Michigan is the home of auto plants, coke ovens, blast furnaces and mining operations, each of which have their own particular catch-phrases and buzz-words. ..
LANSING -Michigan is granting $44 million to help 47 counties and 49 cities obtain more than $279 million in federal transportation funds under the state's Jobs Today program. ..
WASHINGTON - Here's a good news/bad news scenario on U.S. pension plans. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan