With the decline of our state's manufacturing base and loss of thousands of jobs over the last several years, Michigan is often portrayed as an island of economic malaise in a nation of prosperity. ..
A tip of the hard hat to Michigan contracting giant Walbridge-Aldinger, which was recognized on Aug. 29 by MIOSHA and the state Department of Labor and Economic Growth (DLEG) for maintaining an on-the-job environment that has helped keep thousands of construction workers safe. ..
Thousands of Michigan union members and supporters took to the streets of Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Ishpeming on Labor Day in an annual show of solidarity and a celebration of organized labor. ..
MARYSVILLE - A new $95 million ethanol plant here seems ready to be a big jobs producer - for Minnesota construction workers. ..
We're in an era when no one can predict the price and availability of the world's oil and natural gas supplies. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction