With the decline of our state's manufacturing base and loss of thousands of jobs over the last several years, Michigan is often portrayed as an island of economic malaise in a nation of prosperity. ..
A tip of the hard hat to Michigan contracting giant Walbridge-Aldinger, which was recognized on Aug. 29 by MIOSHA and the state Department of Labor and Economic Growth (DLEG) for maintaining an on-the-job environment that has helped keep thousands of construction workers safe. ..
Thousands of Michigan union members and supporters took to the streets of Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Ishpeming on Labor Day in an annual show of solidarity and a celebration of organized labor. ..
MARYSVILLE - A new $95 million ethanol plant here seems ready to be a big jobs producer - for Minnesota construction workers. ..
We're in an era when no one can predict the price and availability of the world's oil and natural gas supplies. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll