With the decline of our state's manufacturing base and loss of thousands of jobs over the last several years, Michigan is often portrayed as an island of economic malaise in a nation of prosperity. ..
A tip of the hard hat to Michigan contracting giant Walbridge-Aldinger, which was recognized on Aug. 29 by MIOSHA and the state Department of Labor and Economic Growth (DLEG) for maintaining an on-the-job environment that has helped keep thousands of construction workers safe. ..
Thousands of Michigan union members and supporters took to the streets of Detroit, Grand Rapids, and Ishpeming on Labor Day in an annual show of solidarity and a celebration of organized labor. ..
MARYSVILLE - A new $95 million ethanol plant here seems ready to be a big jobs producer - for Minnesota construction workers. ..
We're in an era when no one can predict the price and availability of the world's oil and natural gas supplies. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan