OSHA, under the Bush Administration, has been sharply criticized by the labor movement and non-profit organizations such as Public Citizen for its failure to promulgate and enforce safety and health standards, particularly with regard to the construction industry. ..
Rocked and rolled by the fortunes of the low-riding automotive industry, the story of Michigan's woeful economic tale has been well-told in recent months. ..
There were 24 construction worker fatalities in Michigan in 2006 - an increase of one-third over the 16 Hardhats who died on the job in 2005. ..
HURON - Michigan's worst construction accident took place at 3:11 p.m. Dec. 11, 1971, when 22 men were killed and nine injured in an explosion inside a Lake Huron water intake tunnel owned by the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department. ..
DETROIT - Hundreds of construction workers re-made Cobo Center into the North American International Auto Show, which wraps up Sunday, Jan. 21 ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll