PLAINWELL - The unionized construction industry would do well to develop a far-sighted "battle plan" for its future survival rather than relying on what has - or hasn't - worked in the past. ..
KALAMAZOO - The first public office building since the Reagan Administration is going up downtown, in the form of the 151,000 square-foot structure that will house law offices for Miller, Canfield, Paddock and Stone. ..
By John Sweeney
AFL-CIO President ..
President Bush on Oct. 3 vetoed the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) renewal bill. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower